Friday, April 30, 2010

Love Judge Judy. She runs a tight ship in her courtroom. If a plaintiff or defendant thinks they can get smart with her or appear clever, she cuts them down to size.

She cuts to the chase by asking, "Do you take any medicine for any psychological problems?" and "What were you doing out at that time of night if not looking for trouble?" or "You stay out of it. You have nothing to offer to this case. You are a step-parent." My favorite is her asking, "Do I look like I need help up here?" or "Do you think I was born yesterday and they keep me around for my good looks?"

Some who appear before her have called her names, unflattering names, under their breath. Bert, the Bailiff, at her order, removes them from the courtroom. This almost always signifies that they have lost their case.

She has removed minor children from the courtroom in order for them to be spared their parents' and grandparents' bickering with one another. Fathers who won't pay for weddings; friends who repossess cars and many couples who no longer live together and expect Judge Judy to help them split up their property. She makes it very clear that the courts are not for 'live in' couples. The courts are for legally married couples.

I love Judge Judy. And that's what I think about it.

No comments: