Monday, April 26, 2010
Just heard that as many as 300,000 teachers may be laid off across the country this summer. Student/teacher ratio may rise to 50/1.
One federal legislator remarked, "Schools have got to get used to managing on less money."
Sounds like a remarkably hypocritical statement.
That is the pot calling the kettle black, as they used to say.
Legislators have never had to manage on less money. One has only to open any newspaper to read some of the ways the legislators use their money.
But not to belabor the obvious, I'll just say that's what I think about it.
One federal legislator remarked, "Schools have got to get used to managing on less money."
Sounds like a remarkably hypocritical statement.
That is the pot calling the kettle black, as they used to say.
Legislators have never had to manage on less money. One has only to open any newspaper to read some of the ways the legislators use their money.
But not to belabor the obvious, I'll just say that's what I think about it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment