Friday, May 7, 2010
School is nearly out for the summer.
To me this means that:
-the mall will now be crowded all the time after noon.
-the movies will be crowded before 6 PM.
-service at fast food places will decline in efficiency and increase cerebrally.
-the Xpressway will be crowded with teen drivers all the time between noon and beyond.
-more parents will be taking the bus to work.
When I was in school, I hated for summer to come to an end. When I was the mother of school-age children, about August 1 I would be longing for the first day of school to hurry up and arrive. I'm still in that stage, hurry up and arrive so us Seniors can reclaim the mall, the cinemas and the Xpressway. I have officially become an OC, "Old Codger."
And that's what I hate thinking about.
To me this means that:
-the mall will now be crowded all the time after noon.
-the movies will be crowded before 6 PM.
-service at fast food places will decline in efficiency and increase cerebrally.
-the Xpressway will be crowded with teen drivers all the time between noon and beyond.
-more parents will be taking the bus to work.
When I was in school, I hated for summer to come to an end. When I was the mother of school-age children, about August 1 I would be longing for the first day of school to hurry up and arrive. I'm still in that stage, hurry up and arrive so us Seniors can reclaim the mall, the cinemas and the Xpressway. I have officially become an OC, "Old Codger."
And that's what I hate thinking about.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment