Saturday, February 6, 2010

The snow has come and is in the process of leaving. When it came it was deep and brilliantly white. Now it is gray and crusty. Patches of brown and green earth poke through.

The Canadian robins are making their way back north and have stopped in southern Indiana for a time.

Their red breasts next to the gray snow reminds me of Ohio State. Do you think the robins are football fans of the great Buckeye team?

But I digress. The groundhog has predicted six more weeks of winter. Animal rights groups have protested using this rodent in such a publicly exploitive way.

From Phil's point of view he would say he has a sweet gig. Working twenty minutes a year and pampered for the other 364 days, 23 hours and 40 minutes, I believe he would severely injure any animal rights protester who attempted to put him back in the zoo or turn him out into the wild.

And that's what I think about it.

No comments: