Monday, February 8, 2010

So, my friends just got home from the Super Bowl after winning a contest through Direct TV. While in Miami, Phil was interviewed several times on sports shows and played in the Beach Celebrity Super Bowl with the likes of Warren Moon, Eli Manning and Eddie George...and others whom I do not recognize.

One photo on Facebook shows him standing next to JLo (she was not playing, just watching) with the caption, "Which one of us needs to lose a few post-pregnancy pounds?"

Another shows my friend Lisa posing with Miss America with Phil's caption, "Is Lisa 100 times more beautiful than Miss America or only 50?"

He was living his dream.

And we, his friends, were living the dream vicariously and having a blast along with him.

I think that's okay, to live along side someone else and share their excitement and celebrate their big wins. Otherwise, if we don't share the dreams and joys of others, we have only our own to get us through life. This could give us a skewed mindset that life is all about our wins and our happiness or basically, life is all about ME. We could end up thinking, "If it's not about me, I'm really not interested."

This holds true for the downside of life too. If we have only our own woes and trials to concentrate on life can get downright depressing. Tell me about it, I'm a Colts fan.

And that's what I think about it.

No comments: