Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Inside today in front of my computer, journal articles and books spread out around me...looking pretty scholarly from my own vantage point.

Kate Turabian close by.

Waiting for inspiration.....waiting.

Not feeling it.

There's a sale a JCPenny and I'm thinking I could use a new...not sure what but I'll know it when I see it. I could run to the mall for a short time.

But then there's this paper, due now in less than a month, and all these journal articles and books spread out all around me.

It's 85 degrees out, perfect for a lazy afternoon sitting on the porch with a novel, mindless novel of course, a glass of iced tea.

I have heard about and even experienced Senior-itis, that Spring feeling that overcomes those who are about to graduate from high school. They 'check out' about the time the weather turns nice. Apparently I have the REAL Senior-itis, that only comes with decades of life.

I need sage advice on how to 'check back in' at least for another month, until this paper is done and sent and all the books are returned to the library and the journal articles are hole-punched and stored in a binder for the next time they might be needed....which probably is not going to happen in my lifetime.

Okay, enough with the procrastination...and that's what I think about it.

2 comments:

Lola said...

Does "get of your keister, and go to work!" help?
Keister is a senior word.

Patricia said...

It doesn't work any better now for me than it did forty years ago with you.