Friday, May 1, 2009



Once upon a time a baby girl was born. With dark hair she looked just like her dad but not a thing like her three sisters, who looked just like their mother. Sandwiched in between the others she did not sound like the others either. Her voice, loud and high-pitched, her stance showing firmness and determination, she made a place for herself within the siblings.

Fast forward through twelve years of school. Outstanding as a scholar, athlete and leader she is now a most amazing Senior in high school.

But where did those years go? And how did they go, wherever they went, so fast? I do not know the answer to this. I only know that when I think about the speed of time and understand a little of its fleetingness I am grateful for each moment especially moments spent with this grand daughter.

And that's what I think about it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

well - I don't know if you made it through writing this without crying but I didn't make it through the reading! This is beautiful, mom:)

Julia said...

What a great post!

Anonymous said...

I am saddened to say I have not known this young woman well in the last few years, but I knew her as a little one and oh how she grabbed ahold of my heart! I will forever be her M'dan (translation Miss Jan). How proud you must be, especially when you know her heart.