Thursday, June 2, 2011
Sadly with the onset of 90-plus degree weather I have become a couch potato. A few of the fascinating TV shows which have captured my attention are:
House Hunters International, Project Runway, Say Yes to the Dress, Cash Cab, Judge Judy, and NCIS (including reruns, over and over again)
Still reading a lot, I continue to find myself multi-tasking; watching Jeopardy with one eye while reading Pushkin with the other. (Now that is a crock...I do have Pushkin by the couch but I'm reading The Long Journey Home by Margaret Robison and apparently added Pushkin's name here only to impress, which I quite frankly find offensive when others attempt it).
Time is short and on August 1, all TV and pleasure reading stops as pre-work for my next seminary class begins. "Is there enough time," I frantically ask, "to read and watch everything there is to see and read before I have no more free choice?"
My goodness, I sound like a whiner. Like I didn't choose to return to school. Like my current activities, in their absence, will somehow make my level of conversational repartee elementary.
Right now I am watching Judge Judy and Cash Cab, frustrated when both channels take commercial breaks simultaneously. Even though both shows are reruns.
It appears I need to be saved from myself. Thank goodness for forced structure and goals.
And that's what I think about it.
House Hunters International, Project Runway, Say Yes to the Dress, Cash Cab, Judge Judy, and NCIS (including reruns, over and over again)
Still reading a lot, I continue to find myself multi-tasking; watching Jeopardy with one eye while reading Pushkin with the other. (Now that is a crock...I do have Pushkin by the couch but I'm reading The Long Journey Home by Margaret Robison and apparently added Pushkin's name here only to impress, which I quite frankly find offensive when others attempt it).
Time is short and on August 1, all TV and pleasure reading stops as pre-work for my next seminary class begins. "Is there enough time," I frantically ask, "to read and watch everything there is to see and read before I have no more free choice?"
My goodness, I sound like a whiner. Like I didn't choose to return to school. Like my current activities, in their absence, will somehow make my level of conversational repartee elementary.
Right now I am watching Judge Judy and Cash Cab, frustrated when both channels take commercial breaks simultaneously. Even though both shows are reruns.
It appears I need to be saved from myself. Thank goodness for forced structure and goals.
And that's what I think about it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment