Friday, April 22, 2011

He was supposed to be here at 3:30. It is now 4:20. No call and probably no apology when he does finally show up.

What has happened to customer service in this country and perhaps around the world? We did not call him for service. This is some sort of 'needed cable service' that they called us for. When would we be home, they asked, and could he show up at 3:30?

And so we sit.

In the grocery store last week I waited in a line of seven people. No other lanes were open although it was 4 PM and the store was crowded. In front of me the scanner chatted with a friend about her plans for the holiday. All the while my Moose Tracks was grower softer and softer.

The only paid person I have in my life who is on time is my dentist. Ironic.

And that's what I think about it.

No comments: