Monday, April 11, 2011
For sure Spring has come to southern Indiana. Everything that blooms in the Spring is blooming. Color is everywhere: yellow, purple, pink and white. The lawn was mowed today. Surprisingly enough the two bushes (rose and snowball) that I pruned down to near nothing are bushy and green...and healthy with the promise that perhaps, perchance there will be blooms next month.
Today the porch, on which I had been sitting for a week or so in a folding soccer chair reading and enjoying the warmer temperatures, was thoroughly cleaned and the furniture and cushions retrieved from the garage and put back in their place for the summer.
Predictably, after winter comes spring. Year after year after year. It is good to reflect on those things upon which we can rely, so exceedingly rare as they are becoming.
And for my friends in Ohio, this thought,
You can't see Canada across lake Erie, but you know it's there. It's the same with spring. You have to have faith, especially in Cleveland. ~Paul Fleischman
And that's what I think about it.
Today the porch, on which I had been sitting for a week or so in a folding soccer chair reading and enjoying the warmer temperatures, was thoroughly cleaned and the furniture and cushions retrieved from the garage and put back in their place for the summer.
Predictably, after winter comes spring. Year after year after year. It is good to reflect on those things upon which we can rely, so exceedingly rare as they are becoming.
And for my friends in Ohio, this thought,
You can't see Canada across lake Erie, but you know it's there. It's the same with spring. You have to have faith, especially in Cleveland. ~Paul Fleischman
And that's what I think about it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment