It has certainly sprung up in southern Indiana. Awakening this morning with two more inches of new white snow on the ground I am struck by the hope exhibited around me.
Trucks have lined the street in front of our house for a week or so as the neighbors add a sun porch to their home. Hope reigns.
A friend wrote that less than a mile from our house, birds are singing a happy Spring-like tune in her backyard.
Green shoots of grass are showing through the white stuff in our yard.
High Schools are advertising Spring Musicals.
Spring finery line the shelves of local retail: bunnies, crocuses, lilies and my favorite, plastic crosses with very fake flowers glued on.
Everyone is hopeful. Hopeful that spring will indeed come again as it has for every year of each of their lives. It has never not arrived. Hope is knowing that what is expected and good will show up at the right time.
“Never let go of hope. One day you will see that it all has finally come together. What you have always wished for has finally come to be. You will look back and laugh at what has passed and you will ask yourself... 'How did I get through all of that?”
I do not know who wrote the above quote but the first line says it all for me. Never let go of hope.
And that's what I think about it.
No comments:
Post a Comment