Wednesday, November 3, 2010
This is a blog about fear.
The syllabus was received today for the class I will be taking in January. Ten texts (all ordered thanks to my husband), eight papers due the first day of class, one page of questions that I will develop for my classmates from the required reading and the preparation of an oral argument for or against whichever topic I am given by the professor. My stomach is in knots.
And that's all before I show up for the first day of class. Don't even get me started on what all is required after the week of face-to-face at the seminary. And only a month to finish the post-course work (I had one course where the students were given almost three months to get final papers in).
This course isn't even in my main area of interest although it probably should be since it is listed in the core curriculum.
It is also the hardest course in the curriculum and the one I have put off until most other courses have been checked off as completed. In my deepest thoughts I was hoping Jesus would return before I had to take this course. He didn't...return yet that is, although there are still two months to go until I drive up to the seminary for the week. It could happen.
Any day. Any minute. Any second. In the twinkling of an eye.
And that's what I think about it.
The syllabus was received today for the class I will be taking in January. Ten texts (all ordered thanks to my husband), eight papers due the first day of class, one page of questions that I will develop for my classmates from the required reading and the preparation of an oral argument for or against whichever topic I am given by the professor. My stomach is in knots.
And that's all before I show up for the first day of class. Don't even get me started on what all is required after the week of face-to-face at the seminary. And only a month to finish the post-course work (I had one course where the students were given almost three months to get final papers in).
This course isn't even in my main area of interest although it probably should be since it is listed in the core curriculum.
It is also the hardest course in the curriculum and the one I have put off until most other courses have been checked off as completed. In my deepest thoughts I was hoping Jesus would return before I had to take this course. He didn't...return yet that is, although there are still two months to go until I drive up to the seminary for the week. It could happen.
Any day. Any minute. Any second. In the twinkling of an eye.
And that's what I think about it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Patricia, I share your "fear." Even though I am perhaps a little more familiar with the issues and it is a little more in my "wheelhouse," this course is easily the most...challenging...in our degree program thus far.
Maranatha!
Post a Comment