Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Sadly we had our last book discussion meeting last week. Breaking for the summer, our next meeting is in September. I will miss these ladies.

This term we read same kind of difference as me by Ron Hall and Denver Moore, Healing Stones by Nancy Rue and Steve Arterburn and Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom. Our discussion of The Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis was snowed out.

For Fall, 2010 we will be reading Screwtape, Night by Elie Wiesel; Half Broke Horses by Jeannette Walls and A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens.

Sipping hot tea and snacking on treats the discussion travels back and forth between characters in the book, the author's purpose in writing and the writing style. At the end of the discussion we go around the group and ask for any final thoughts about the selection and also ask them to rate the book on a scale from one to ten.

There is something very unique and wonderfully special about women who read. I will miss the group during the summer but know that they will continue to read and pass on those selections that they have especially loved.

And that's what I think about it.

1 comment:

susieg said...

I had an opportunity to read Healing Stones and thoroughly enjoyed it. Now I'm waiting on Same Kind of Different As Me...I did see it at The Vineyard for only $5.00 so I may go ahead and buy it.