Monday, November 16, 2009

People, we have got to think from a right mind and stop this senseless spread of germs.

It is embarrassing and distressing to admit that my husband and I have just returned from a breakfast buffet restaurant. If we don't 'catch' something from this visit I will assume we have a heavy dose of immunity.

People coughing...and not just the customers. Unsupervised children popping up under the 'sneeze guard' to get the biggest piece of chicken or whatever. Finger-licking good should have no place at a buffet.

And who are the biggest culprits? Children who have not had good parent role-models and adults of a certain old age who feel as if they have earned the right to cough, sneeze, lick or blow whenever and where ever they feel the urge. What about the middle group? They are not at breakfast buffets but if they were, they would be the ones with large bottles of antibacterial spray and gel and who are using it often and opening doors with their shoulders or by using paper towels.

Why just last week I saw a woman walk right out of the restroom without washing her hands, and while this may be a more common occurrence than I wish to believe, generally when people are standing in line watching you, you do tend to wash while singing the Happy Birthday song.

And that's what I think about it.

1 comment:

Jan Clayton said...

I really enjoy your blog! Please keep them coming.