Tuesday, October 13, 2009

The West Side Nut Club has successfully concluded their annual Fall Festival. Rain did not dampen the spirit of adventure as thousands of locals lined up to try new food creations, which become more bizarre each year.

Along with the brain sandwiches, highlighted on this blog last month, this year's offerings included lollipops embedded with scorpions, battered fried bacon, fire and ice brownies made with red pepper flakes and sweet potato fries covered with cinnamon sugar. Monkey bites were described as fresh bananas deep-fried in batter, covered with cinnamon sugar and dipped in apple butter. Yum!

My grand daughters reported that two of their favorites were an Oreo cookie fried inside a doughnut and fried macaroni and cheese.

First place in the Best of the Fest contest was Pig in the Mud, a peanut butter and bacon sandwich dusted with powered sugar with a side of maple syrup for dipping.

Makes your mouth water, right? Makes your arteries shiver, right?

And that's what I'm thinking about.

2 comments:

jody said...

bacon.... pork... I'm drooling into my computer!

Patricia said...

Sorry, I'm so insensitive to your situation. Read about the arteries quivering and be glad!