Monday, August 24, 2009
Today I am packing for a long weekend with friends. They are driving five hours from Ohio and I am driving three, meeting in Brown County, Indiana.
Originally we met while working together in a hospital system. We had a grand decade of developing programs and meeting the needs of women in the community. Meeting our own need for friendship we have remained in touch over the years.
China, Australia, Ireland, New Zealand and Greece; we have traveled together around the world. This weekend we will travel to the excitement of Nashville, Indiana.
However for each of us it is not the pleasure of a foreign or strange land that revs us up but the renewing and fostering of friendship. No one shares quite the history that we share.
Looking forward, and that's what I'm thinking about today.
Originally we met while working together in a hospital system. We had a grand decade of developing programs and meeting the needs of women in the community. Meeting our own need for friendship we have remained in touch over the years.
China, Australia, Ireland, New Zealand and Greece; we have traveled together around the world. This weekend we will travel to the excitement of Nashville, Indiana.
However for each of us it is not the pleasure of a foreign or strange land that revs us up but the renewing and fostering of friendship. No one shares quite the history that we share.
Looking forward, and that's what I'm thinking about today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment