Monday, August 17, 2009
There is a deep emotion felt commonly by every mother. I found this true last week as I was reading through Facebook updates.
Children are going back to school.
Far from the joy and celebration that the jokesters portray, mothers are not happy. In fact, they were sad. And worried. And wondering.
Sad because their little ones were growing up. Worried as they see their oldest climb aboard the big yellow school bus. Some wondering if they had instilled the family values deep and wide enough to withstand the pressures of the world. Preschool world and global world.
From one mom sending her daughter off to preschool for the first day to daughters being driven seven hours away to college, to daughters being sent on planes to foreign countries for the year.
Moms thinking one thing. Where did the time go and did I use it wisely to prepare her for this big step? Each step seeming farther and farther away geographically. And praying that it is not farther and farther away morally.
And that's what I'm thinking about today.
Children are going back to school.
Far from the joy and celebration that the jokesters portray, mothers are not happy. In fact, they were sad. And worried. And wondering.
Sad because their little ones were growing up. Worried as they see their oldest climb aboard the big yellow school bus. Some wondering if they had instilled the family values deep and wide enough to withstand the pressures of the world. Preschool world and global world.
From one mom sending her daughter off to preschool for the first day to daughters being driven seven hours away to college, to daughters being sent on planes to foreign countries for the year.
Moms thinking one thing. Where did the time go and did I use it wisely to prepare her for this big step? Each step seeming farther and farther away geographically. And praying that it is not farther and farther away morally.
And that's what I'm thinking about today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment