Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Just finished Unbowed: A Memoir by Wangari Maathai and am struck once more by what just one person with passion and persistence can do to change the world (felt the same way you remember when I read Three Cups of Tea).

Started the book yesterday, could not put it down. Sat on the porch with the book in my hand and the World Atlas on my lap tracing the events of the book through Kenya.

After finishing it, I came inside and logged on to the web site to get an update on events in the author's life.

What are you and I so passionate about that nothing: not fear, humiliation, jail, incarceration, slander or libel would keep us from forging ahead to right some injustice?

Ambrose Redmoon said it well, "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear."

What is more important than fear to me? That's what I'm thinking about.

No comments: