Sunday, June 7, 2009
Attended a Jeff Dunham appearance last Sunday. Seven thousand irreverent fans waiting to hear their own biases from the mouth of a dummy...not Jeff, although he writes the stuff...but Achmed the Dead Terrorist ("Silence! I keeel you.), Peanut, Walter, Jalapeno (on a Stick) and the real live Guitar Guy.
Since Sunday I have been on YouTube revisiting their skits.
Jeff's stuff is not for the pious or easily offended. It is not for those whose ears fold up at the sound of a 'bad' word....it is just so darn much fun and laughable that for some, me and both daughters for example, it is easy to forget that we don't talk like that and we don't think like that...mostly.
And yet, one of the reasons why Jeff and Guitar Guy are so popular is that they are saying what many of us believe and are too 'politically correct' to say ourselves.
I'm thinking about that today but not too deeply.
Since Sunday I have been on YouTube revisiting their skits.
Jeff's stuff is not for the pious or easily offended. It is not for those whose ears fold up at the sound of a 'bad' word....it is just so darn much fun and laughable that for some, me and both daughters for example, it is easy to forget that we don't talk like that and we don't think like that...mostly.
And yet, one of the reasons why Jeff and Guitar Guy are so popular is that they are saying what many of us believe and are too 'politically correct' to say ourselves.
I'm thinking about that today but not too deeply.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment