Tuesday, May 5, 2009

My cat snores.

Right now he is laying up behind me on the couch, snoring.

I hope it is not because he is reading over my shoulder and find what I am writing boring; but hey, what am I thinking. Cats can't read.

Or can they?

The are pretty good 'readers' of emotion, knowing when to hide and when to admit, by looking so darn cute, it was them who tipped over the flower vase and oh, by the way, so sorry.

They can 'read' when it is treat time and thunder down the hallway to get to the closed bedroom door (where the treats are kept) before a human and so be the first being inside the door and onto the bed in anticipation.

They know when there is a mouse in the house. Oh, they don't care one bit, but they might point the rodent out to you so you can set a trap.

They can 'read' a smell that says 'popcorn,' 'tuna' and 'chicken parts.'

They can 'read' a noise that says 'can opener' 'garage door' and 'snack pack being ripped open.'

They can 'read' an attitude of superiority but you can't hold a candle to a cat sense of superiority. And you can't hold a candle to a cat because that is cruelty to animals and not allowed.

Sometimes I try to explain to Kat Karson that were he in another culture, he could be some family's dinner but he just flounces off as if to say 'this conversation is beneath me.'

gotta go, he's waking up and that means it is 'brush me' time.

And that's what I think about it.

1 comment:

Julia said...

I promise you...when I met & married Adam, he already had a cat. A big black cat named Pepper, who accepted me unconditionally. Every night, while Adam worked thirds, she would climb on my belly & purr until we fell asleep. Within days of me finding out that I was pregnant, she would no longer lay on my belly, but would lay beside me contently. I promise you, that cat knew!!