Wednesday, May 20, 2009
I wonder what the people in Borneo are doing right now. I mean the ones who live deep in the Rain Forest and whose grand parents are in government reclaimation programs to rehabilitate them from being head hunters.
What are they doing?
Are they sitting in their thatched huts looking fondly at the little shrunken heads hanging on their walls like stuffed fish trophies hang on ours? Do they wonder about the one that got away? Do they ponder whatever happened to the good old days?
Times change and we must change and adapt with the times that change we are told. The thing is, sometimes times change and we don't. We either don't want to, don't see the need to or don't have the energy to. Change your ways we are told. Do it, whatever IT is, another, better, my way. Keep up with progress.
I think the shrunken heads of Borneo dens and family display cases are keepsakes like locks of hair and baby teeth. I think somewhere there must be a Ripley's Believe It or Not entry listing the person who has the most sets of dentures from departed relatives.
This blog post makes no sense and that's what I think about it.
What are they doing?
Are they sitting in their thatched huts looking fondly at the little shrunken heads hanging on their walls like stuffed fish trophies hang on ours? Do they wonder about the one that got away? Do they ponder whatever happened to the good old days?
Times change and we must change and adapt with the times that change we are told. The thing is, sometimes times change and we don't. We either don't want to, don't see the need to or don't have the energy to. Change your ways we are told. Do it, whatever IT is, another, better, my way. Keep up with progress.
I think the shrunken heads of Borneo dens and family display cases are keepsakes like locks of hair and baby teeth. I think somewhere there must be a Ripley's Believe It or Not entry listing the person who has the most sets of dentures from departed relatives.
This blog post makes no sense and that's what I think about it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love the way you think! Jan
Post a Comment