Monday, April 20, 2009

I followed the recipe as closely as I could.

Not having cream of chicken soup I stirred in cream of chicken noodle soup. Not having mushrooms, I omitted them completely and then switched beef for the chicken breasts and added a few vegetables for health and then noodles instead of rice. Needing some color I added both a red and a green pepper. And some pepper...and a little salt, sea salt. Instead of baking the dish in the oven I stuck everything in the crock pot. And sprinkled cheese on top.

It did not look or taste like what I had experienced before although I followed the recipe as closely as I could.

And so I wonder why we think we can improve on some one's Great Plan and then call 'foul' when it does not look or taste like the original. Free will is a wonderful thing but to blame the one who gave us free will when we forge our own path borders on the absurd.

And that's what I think about it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And for me the absurdity is magnified because I don't just do it once....it's a way of life for me to just keep thinking I know what's best for me....