Sunday, March 29, 2009

It is peaceful right here, at the table.

I can hear a TV in another room, a radio in the shower, my husband responsible for both but here at the table it is peaceful.

Read the news: The nosecone of North Korea's rocket has been spotted from space. It could reach Alaska if launched in that direction. There is flooding in the Dakotas, storms racing through the south after wreaking havoc in Missouri, but here at the table there is peace.

I have a 20-page paper due in a month to the seminary, a list of items still needed to complete preparations for leaving for Haiti, college kids who are on my heart...but here at the table there is peace.

Peace in the midst of chaos and uncertainty. Peace in the midst of concern and busyness. There really is a peace that overcomes or transcends all. It is found right here at the table.

And that's what I think about it.

1 comment:

Julia said...

And I think that is one reason I am a Christian...I can find that peace with God anywhere...even in the midst of chaos