Wednesday, April 1, 2009
A friend has just completed three stained glass creations (13x20 each) for the family in Haiti. I will not get to see them until I arrive in Haiti since they are bubble wrapped for transport but I know they are beautiful. It has taken nearly a year of painstaking creativity and labor.
A year. Twelve months!
She is giving them away.
She may never see them in their final home.
How selfless.
Why am I amazed when someone is generous and giving and...selfless? Perhaps it is because it seems to be a rare, and becoming rarer, personality trait and because of its rarity it stands out all the more vividly.
And that's what I think about it.
A year. Twelve months!
She is giving them away.
She may never see them in their final home.
How selfless.
Why am I amazed when someone is generous and giving and...selfless? Perhaps it is because it seems to be a rare, and becoming rarer, personality trait and because of its rarity it stands out all the more vividly.
And that's what I think about it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment