Thursday, January 16, 2014

Randomness - Bits and Pieces of Life

 "Move to Indiana," the kids said. "We have mild winters," they said. The weekend we moved the area got hit with 19 inches of snow...with only three road scrapers in the county. That was ten years ago. Last week the temperatures dipped to -7 degrees, with a windchill of -14. Granted it was cold all over the country but it did bring back memories of their words that lured us to southern Indiana.

The lure was the family but I like to 'awful-ize.'
------------------------
Kat Karson now knows four tricks. He can High Five, Lay Down, Jump Up, and Get His Own Treat from the can of treats on command. Jim has promised that if I can teach him to roll over he (Jim) will reward me with a trip around the world. I am working hard on this ultimate goal.
-------------------------
The grandchildren have scattered. It wasn't that long ago that they were a gaggle of little girls, dressed alike with huge hair bows who linked arms and hands and went everywhere together. The oldest has a college degree, a job, and apartment, and a boyfriend. The next has has a college degree, a job, an apartment, and a husband. The next is starting her second semester at Indiana University. Her twin has an job, an apartment, a boyfriend, and a new course of study in Indianapolis. Their grandmother has a photo prominently displayed of four little girls in white dresses with pink sashes and huge hair bows sitting touching shoulders, smiling at the camera, oblivious of the grand adventure that awaited them in life.
--------------------------
I am wondering how it will appear to people if Jim and I return this year to London for the express purpose of touring Highclare (setting of Downton Abbey)? I am further wondering why I care how it appears to other people.
---------------------------
One evening Jim was at a meeting, there was nothing on TV worth watching and I decided to organize my scarves. By color and by season, and with time on my hand, I began counting and stopped at 150. Is this considered hoarding?
 --------------------------
And that's what I think about it.


No comments: