Thursday, September 13, 2012

Today's Kohl's Shopping Experience: Not Their Finest Hour

Wandering through the store my nose caught the whiff of a new purse in the air. Just in time for Fall and a trip east to see a grand daughter, a new handbag was just what was needed.

Rifling through display after display of purses, most of them on sale, I settled on a style and a color. What made me look at every single one of the exact same purse still evades me, but I did...enough said.

All these purses had their perforated tags removed and Kohl's price stickers affixed....except one. All the other bags were sticker priced $79 with 40% discount. But the one bag with the original price from the manufacturer was marked $69 with 40% off.

So the manufacturer set the price at $69; Kohl's reset the price at $79.

Taking the originally-priced bag through check-out, it rang up at $79! That's when I was met with clerk-attitude. I showed her the original price tag from the manufacturer still on the bag and asked her to re-check the price. The computer, not surprisingly, again choked out $79.

Unhappily for her, I asked her to call a manager. Whatever the phone conversation was between the two of them the purse ended up costing me what I had happily agreed to pay: $69 minus 40%. (You do the math if you want, just know it was less).

Unfortunately for the clerk, my purchase came up with the request to participate in a Kohl's survey regarding this very visit to their store. As soon as I post this that is exactly what I'm going to do.

And that's what I think about it.


No comments: