Saturday, April 28, 2012
A Red-Letter Day for the Family
Awake at 5 AM I checked Facebook to find that relatives in Ohio (in an hour earlier time zone) were up also and thinking about the events that might happen today. Being a Saturday, one does not want to waste time by sleeping in too long. So up I was!
The weather readers are calling for afternoon showers and thunderstorms, some possibly severe, but scattered. I did not know if that were a meteorologist's sense of humor...scattered being the operative word for what happens when severe weather, read tornadoes, hit this area. Homes, cars, livestock...all scattered.
But I digress and want to quickly return to why this day will be a red-letter day for our family.
Today is college graduation day for oldest granddaughter Brittany Elizabeth. With her social work degree in hand from the University of Southern Indiana she will be ready to take on the ills of the world. I think the world will be in pretty capable hands.
Here she is in 2001, practicing for this very day. Congratulations Brittany. We could not be prouder of you.
The weather readers are calling for afternoon showers and thunderstorms, some possibly severe, but scattered. I did not know if that were a meteorologist's sense of humor...scattered being the operative word for what happens when severe weather, read tornadoes, hit this area. Homes, cars, livestock...all scattered.
But I digress and want to quickly return to why this day will be a red-letter day for our family.
Today is college graduation day for oldest granddaughter Brittany Elizabeth. With her social work degree in hand from the University of Southern Indiana she will be ready to take on the ills of the world. I think the world will be in pretty capable hands.
Here she is in 2001, practicing for this very day. Congratulations Brittany. We could not be prouder of you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment