Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Zookeeper is a cute little movie if you need a hour or so of pure escape and fantasy. I like the idea of animals talking and saving the day for the clueless main character, lovable but needy though he is. Or at least he is at the beginning of the movie.

One part of the enjoyment of this type of film is that one does not have to think hard about the plot. From the first minute the viewer understands where the story line is going. Predictably, and with great comfort, the tale unfolds.

Girl dumps boy; boy gets help getting her back from talking animals; girl turns out to be a gold-digger; better girl is secondary role throughout the movie and gets the guy. Happily ever after. Animals orchestrate the whole thing.

Sharp dialogue, laugh out loud funny in parts, I enjoyed this short time of escape. Three hundred seats in the theater; I was the only patron.

Here's my rule-breaking secret: I left my cell phone ring tone on ignoring the warning about being asked to leave if the phone rings. I'm such a rebel.

And that's what I think about it.

No comments: