Wednesday, May 11, 2011
Mother's Day 2011
Mother's Day 2011.
Church and then family. The men had arranged to pick up a family dinner from a local restaurant: roast beef, chicken Alfredo, mashed potatoes, corn, rolls, banana-nut bread, and salad. Dessert was a plethora of cheesecakes, layer cake, pie and ice cream. Delicious.
Sitting around the table the nine of us laughed and fondly remembered family events of the past and caught up on current happenings.
It was a good day.
A friend of mine told me that she had been alone during the day, while her son, who lives close-by text her a Happy Mother's Day. I thought he should have shown up at her house with flowers and reservations made at her favorite restaurant. She put on a brave face and was happy for the phone message.
As I considered and reviewed my own day, with two loving and lovable daughters and four exceptional grand daughters, a great husband and son-in-law, I knew that their presence was sufficient. No gifts needed.
But like tips in a restaurant, appreciated.
And that's what I think about it.
Church and then family. The men had arranged to pick up a family dinner from a local restaurant: roast beef, chicken Alfredo, mashed potatoes, corn, rolls, banana-nut bread, and salad. Dessert was a plethora of cheesecakes, layer cake, pie and ice cream. Delicious.
Sitting around the table the nine of us laughed and fondly remembered family events of the past and caught up on current happenings.
It was a good day.
A friend of mine told me that she had been alone during the day, while her son, who lives close-by text her a Happy Mother's Day. I thought he should have shown up at her house with flowers and reservations made at her favorite restaurant. She put on a brave face and was happy for the phone message.
As I considered and reviewed my own day, with two loving and lovable daughters and four exceptional grand daughters, a great husband and son-in-law, I knew that their presence was sufficient. No gifts needed.
But like tips in a restaurant, appreciated.
And that's what I think about it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment