Sunday, April 3, 2011

A man hit my friend's car. He was very rude, like it was her fault. The car was parked in a lot within the yellow lines. She was walking toward it. He backed up and hit her car. And somehow it was her fault.

Some people will come upon a red light and be so disgusted that they have to stop, like the traffic light has it in for them and like no one else has to stop like they have to stop.

I've noticed that when someone is following a car too closely, the first car is suddenly very law-abiding, going the speed limit and not one mile per hour over with nothing else in mind than to irritate the driver behind.

I've noticed that when drivers spot a police vehicle they automatically take their foot off the gas and look at the speedometer.

I've noticed that drivers always think the the 'yield' sign is for the other guy along with the 'merge' and 'lane ends' signs.

I've noticed that if you are not looking at the other driver you do not have to let him into your lane.

I've noticed that beeping horns are almost always thought to be for the other guy.

I've noticed that the other guy can text, drink from a straw and drive, all three, but none of them well.

I've noticed that some people think that a Cadillac Escalade is a compact car and park accordingly.

Just some of the observations I've had living in southern Indiana. And that's what I think about it.

No comments: