Monday, February 21, 2011
Sunday on our way home from brunch my phone rings. It is one of our 17-year old twin grand daughters who asks, surreptitiously, if are we still in the area. Seems they have locked their keys in the car. Their parents are away for the weekend. I ask them to call the parents to see where the extra keys are. They call and report back that the extra set of keys is in the console of the car in question.
We drive back to the church parking lot. My husband, more an attorney than a car thief, cannot break into their car. I go into the church to see if anyone from the church's Prison Ministry is around. I assume that one of those guys ought to know something about getting into a locked car. No luck there.
In the meantime my husband drives around to pick me up and sees a parked car with a magnetic sign on its door, LCD Locksmith. He also sees a woman and a teen walking toward the car. He asks them if they know how to get into a locked vehicle. The woman says that the business is her husband's but she has watched him open car doors so perhaps she could help since his tools were in the trunk of her car.
A little balloon pump pulled the door away from the frame just enough for her to insert a metal hook. In less than a minute, she was in the car.
My husband is thinking that little balloon pump would be worth its weight in gold in a family with teens or forgetful adult drivers. I think our daughters, and probably your truly , will get this little device for their next birthday.
And that's what I think about it.
We drive back to the church parking lot. My husband, more an attorney than a car thief, cannot break into their car. I go into the church to see if anyone from the church's Prison Ministry is around. I assume that one of those guys ought to know something about getting into a locked car. No luck there.
In the meantime my husband drives around to pick me up and sees a parked car with a magnetic sign on its door, LCD Locksmith. He also sees a woman and a teen walking toward the car. He asks them if they know how to get into a locked vehicle. The woman says that the business is her husband's but she has watched him open car doors so perhaps she could help since his tools were in the trunk of her car.
A little balloon pump pulled the door away from the frame just enough for her to insert a metal hook. In less than a minute, she was in the car.
My husband is thinking that little balloon pump would be worth its weight in gold in a family with teens or forgetful adult drivers. I think our daughters, and probably your truly , will get this little device for their next birthday.
And that's what I think about it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment