Saturday, November 13, 2010

Another ordinary day. A Saturday of football and soccer, art show and nail fill. Reading by the TV during commercials, keeping up with friends on Facebook and planning the rest of my life.

The plan begins with Madame Butterfly and a trip to Louisville to see this opera next weekend with a friend.

The plan continues with Thanksgiving Day dinner, counting chairs, configuring tables, visualizing serving dishes.

Anticipating a fun early December weekend at Winterfair in Columbus, OH with friends and former colleagues.

My mind jumps to Christmas with a shelf in the closet beginning to fill with gifts while other presents have been ordered to arrive in time for the holiday to addresses a distance away.

In between the big holidays are placed a six-week course I'm teaching titled "Me, Myself and Lies," a Monday night study, a Wednesday morning study.

Overarching all of this is the plan for the second week of January, ten textbooks for the course and papers to be generated from each. This part of the plan is always front and center of my mind.

I really love my life. And that's what I think about it.

No comments: