Thursday, October 21, 2010


While shopping with friends we entered a small shop with twice as much inventory that by any stretch should have fit in the store. It was country-themed, not my favorite period of history in regards to decorating my home.

However, to my surprise, right inside the door was a table whose top was decorated for the Thanksgiving holiday.

In the middle of the table, underneath a mound of pumpkins, wheat sheaves and gourds was a lovely, thick 3x5 foot table cover. Love it at first glance. Wanted it at second. Bought it at third.

Muted woven colors of olive, burgundy, tan and burnt orange, I could hardly wait to place it atop my own table.

My 'Aha!' moment came when a friend asked me, "Where are you going to put your rug?" Rug? What rug? Apparently, and now it is very apparent actually, the table runner is in fact a woven kitchen floor rug.

I imagine if I had bought it from the back of the store where the little scatter rugs were stored it might have been of less cost but since I bought it from the country-themed 'boutique' section of the shop, I paid more...much more.

However, as I sit here I can look over my laptop screen and see this lovely 'rug' and perhaps, if I can do it, I will post a photo and you can enjoy also.

And that's what I think about it.

No comments: