Monday, June 7, 2010

Here I am in the Land of Lincoln, central Illinois. I drove up this morning to attend a four-day class in spiritual development at the seminary by the same name.

I am in an Executive King room at the Holiday Inn Express, across the street from Cracker Barrel and next door to the Russell Stover outlet store. Life is good.

The room boasts a big bed, six pillows, eight towels, a fridge, microwave, closet, couch, chair with ottoman, coffee maker and coffee table, desk, big TV that gets channels from around the world, Wi-Fi and free popcorn. Life is good indeed. And not to forget the breakfast tomorrow morning that someone else will prepare, serve and clean up.

So what is missing? Well, Jim for one, and Kat Karson for two, although I am just noticing that my allergies have not bothered me since I left home this morning.

The weather report calls for a repeat of the weather that swept through the area last evening when nine people were killed across the state line in Ohio. Oh joy! My favorite thing...aberrant weather.

I wonder if this Holiday Inn has a basement.

And that's what I think about it.

No comments: