Monday, December 7, 2009
As my father always said, "Don't that beat all?"
Spent the weekend in Ohio with friends at a huge art fair. We were standing at a booth that sold packets of ingredients for crock pots. Many people were crowded around. I was holding a box of Pork Chops with Wild Rice when I heard, close to my ear, "I love pork chops." Without looking I could tell peripherally that the tall man who had just spoken at me was standing by his wife. I never glanced his way.
Soon, a second, "Pork chops are my favorites."
Nothing from me.
One more try with no response and the voice whined to my friend, "She's not going to talk to me, is she?" Her one word reply, "Nope," sent him on his way.
Really, dad was right, don't that beat all? And that's what I think about it.
Spent the weekend in Ohio with friends at a huge art fair. We were standing at a booth that sold packets of ingredients for crock pots. Many people were crowded around. I was holding a box of Pork Chops with Wild Rice when I heard, close to my ear, "I love pork chops." Without looking I could tell peripherally that the tall man who had just spoken at me was standing by his wife. I never glanced his way.
Soon, a second, "Pork chops are my favorites."
Nothing from me.
One more try with no response and the voice whined to my friend, "She's not going to talk to me, is she?" Her one word reply, "Nope," sent him on his way.
Really, dad was right, don't that beat all? And that's what I think about it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment