Tuesday, September 1, 2009

This week I had one friend leave for Afghanistan, trying to get into the country between the elections and any aftermath of those elections and another friend being deployed to Baghdad.

I am sad and a little concerned.

Both are dedicated to their callings, one to the military; the other to an NGO (non-governmental organization).

Both are independent, competent women who are able to take care of themselves...under normal circumstances. But Iraq and Afghanistan are not 'normal circumstance' kind of countries.

And so I am sad and a little concerned.

And that's what I'm thinking about today.

1 comment:

Jody said...

Made it safely to Kabul. Thanks for the prayers! There are so many people taking care of me here... you may call me princess!

Had a moment of overwhelming sadness last night as I counted the cost... So glad that God can handle all those emotions. Came up with this - nothing compares to the cost His Son already paid...