Friday, September 18, 2009
The soccer coach is livid. His varsity team is lazy and unmotivated...his words. And so tonight, in about an hour and a half, he will start the reserved team. Oh my!
That is a no-win dilemma for my two freshmen grand daughters who will start. The varsity players will be angry at them...since teenagers rarely take responsibility for their own actions and the parents too, like somehow this is the junior varsity's fault that the varsity is sitting on the bench. If they lose, well, no one is happy including the players who took the field.
Best scenario? The reserves start and gain a 2-0 lead over the opposing team. At half-time the coach puts the varsity in and the game ends with a 3-0 shut-out.
I'll finish this post after the game.
Days later:
So the coach was more interested in winning than making a point and started the varsity. At 6-0 he let the reserves play. The game ended 7-2.
I was so hoping to end this post with a moral. But I can't think of a good one from this scenario.
That's what I'm thinking about.
That is a no-win dilemma for my two freshmen grand daughters who will start. The varsity players will be angry at them...since teenagers rarely take responsibility for their own actions and the parents too, like somehow this is the junior varsity's fault that the varsity is sitting on the bench. If they lose, well, no one is happy including the players who took the field.
Best scenario? The reserves start and gain a 2-0 lead over the opposing team. At half-time the coach puts the varsity in and the game ends with a 3-0 shut-out.
I'll finish this post after the game.
Days later:
So the coach was more interested in winning than making a point and started the varsity. At 6-0 he let the reserves play. The game ended 7-2.
I was so hoping to end this post with a moral. But I can't think of a good one from this scenario.
That's what I'm thinking about.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment