Tuesday, August 11, 2009
Watching the golf tournament from Akron last week I spied an overhead blimp shot of the lake we once lived on near the golf course. Boats were out in the speed lane trailing 'tubers' and pontoon boats filled with Sunday afternoon 'sailors' taking advantage of their last lazy hours of the weekend and the last few weekends of summer. It looked very pastoral.
Tiger Woods won the tournament...big surprise. Not!
Funny, as I sat there watching the crowds make their way from green to green I wanted to be there where the action was.
Really funny. When I lived there and always received complimentary tickets through my work, I never once went to watch.
Ok, I went once to be part of some sort of professional pre-tournament golf clinic...heck of a lot of good that ever did me...but somehow thinking of the press of the crowd, the parking, the traffic jams, the humidity, the tournament just never seemed all that inviting.
So why is my memory filling me with thoughts of longing for something I never really wanted to participate in anyway?
I have no answer but that's what I'm thinking about.
Really curious. That very evening I turned on the TV again to see the Hall of Fame football game being played in Canton, OH. Oh how I missed north eastern Ohio. And no, in all my years of living there I never saw the Hall of Fame game either.
Tiger Woods won the tournament...big surprise. Not!
Funny, as I sat there watching the crowds make their way from green to green I wanted to be there where the action was.
Really funny. When I lived there and always received complimentary tickets through my work, I never once went to watch.
Ok, I went once to be part of some sort of professional pre-tournament golf clinic...heck of a lot of good that ever did me...but somehow thinking of the press of the crowd, the parking, the traffic jams, the humidity, the tournament just never seemed all that inviting.
So why is my memory filling me with thoughts of longing for something I never really wanted to participate in anyway?
I have no answer but that's what I'm thinking about.
Really curious. That very evening I turned on the TV again to see the Hall of Fame football game being played in Canton, OH. Oh how I missed north eastern Ohio. And no, in all my years of living there I never saw the Hall of Fame game either.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Just wanted you to know how much I enjoy reading your blog.
Jan
Post a Comment