Monday, March 2, 2009
Jim and I helped celebrate a friend's birthday by joining her and her family for lunch. They had selected a local rib place. My friend is on a low-carbohydrate diet, but she was ready to splurge for her birthday. Ribs it would be.
Imagine our consternation when after being seated with drinks and appetizers we were told they were out of ribs.
What?
Does Arby's run out of beef? Does Outback Steak House run out of steak? Does Dairy Queen run out of soft serve? Does IHOP run out of pancakes?
They were out of prime rib also (I mention that because it was going to be my lunch choice). But they had chicken. Not exactly what she was hoping for, especially since she has to wait a whole year to break her Atkins again and because you really can eat some chicken on Atkins. But the company was good and the service but don't get me started on the dime-sized cake that was included free with her meal.
That's what I'm thinking about.
Imagine our consternation when after being seated with drinks and appetizers we were told they were out of ribs.
What?
Does Arby's run out of beef? Does Outback Steak House run out of steak? Does Dairy Queen run out of soft serve? Does IHOP run out of pancakes?
They were out of prime rib also (I mention that because it was going to be my lunch choice). But they had chicken. Not exactly what she was hoping for, especially since she has to wait a whole year to break her Atkins again and because you really can eat some chicken on Atkins. But the company was good and the service but don't get me started on the dime-sized cake that was included free with her meal.
That's what I'm thinking about.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment