Tuesday, December 30, 2008

More on New York

As I sit here enjoying the 70 degree weather I think back and am grateful that it was not 70 degrees for our time in New York City.

Then it was in the 30s, huge snow flakes one day, sleety icy rain the next...but beautiful and unpredictable. Just like it should be in winter.

Good days to trudge through the slush from one side of Broadway to the other. Good times to look up, up through the towering buildings and watch as snow falls covering the ground, the hat, the coat, the gloves and the new purple boots purchased when the slush completely soaked shoes and two pairs of socks. And, truth be told, to catch a snowflake on one's tongue. Good days to stroll arm in arm through Central Park.

What a shame to be in New York at Christmas and walk around on dry sidewalks, in shirtsleeves and sandals.

I love the New York weather. And I really love New York.

No comments: