Tuesday, October 7, 2008
Not A Proud Moment
So, we were at Senior Night for the high school soccer team. Grand daughter Taylor's last hurrah on the home field. After the game parents walked their seniors across the field to the applause of the fans who had stayed around to celebrate. I stood, a little elevated, on the bleachers to get a good shot of Taylor walking across the field. I waited through the first players announced and positioned myself to get a good shot when her name was called .
When out of nowhere I hear, "Sit down."
I turned to see who might have spoken and a woman who was sitting a few rows above me said again so I would not miss that it was she who spoke, "Sit down!"
I motioned with my camera and said, "I'm just going to take this one picture." And I turned back around to face the field.
She, a little louder and more insistent, said, "I don't care, sit down, I can't see."
I slowly turned back to her and suggested in my quiet, syrupy-sweet, mother-to-child voice, "Then stand up."
Not my proudest moment, but I did get some great shots of Taylor with her friends congratulating her and hugs all around.
And that's what I'm thinking about today.
When out of nowhere I hear, "Sit down."
I turned to see who might have spoken and a woman who was sitting a few rows above me said again so I would not miss that it was she who spoke, "Sit down!"
I motioned with my camera and said, "I'm just going to take this one picture." And I turned back around to face the field.
She, a little louder and more insistent, said, "I don't care, sit down, I can't see."
I slowly turned back to her and suggested in my quiet, syrupy-sweet, mother-to-child voice, "Then stand up."
Not my proudest moment, but I did get some great shots of Taylor with her friends congratulating her and hugs all around.
And that's what I'm thinking about today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
As they say "You go girl!!"
Post a Comment