Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Books I've read recently. Read at your own risk.

The Translator by Daoud Hari

Praying in Color by Sybil MacBeth

Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen

The Glass Castle by Jeanette Walls

Admittedly I have a schizophrenic reading plan which amounts to no plan at all. Often I simply like the cover of a book, "hey", I think, "nice color; matches my deck chairs, I'll read that." Other times a book is recommended to me and I read it wondering about my friends' taste in literature.

Sometimes it's the subject, other times it's the author, often it's a book on sale. I read when I fly (see previous blog post on flying) where I tear out each chapter as I read and leave it in the seat pocket in front of me because I hate to carry useless, extra baggage. As the book gets narrower and narrower I get nearer and nearer my final destination. The downside to that is the inability to go back and re-read parts I missed, or misread. Since I'm flying I don't ever 'get' the whole plot of a novel. The cheaper and simpler, with the biggest print available, the better.

Right now I'm reading...ok, I haven't started it yet, but I see it sitting over there on the shelf... Prince Caspian. Probably made the mistake of seeing the movie first. The good news would be that the sound was on during the entire movie (see previous blog about Indiana Jones).

So that's what I'm thinking about today.

2 comments:

abcdmom said...

Hey, Patricia -- I love reading your thoughts on things. They make me laugh . . . they make me think, and as someone commented earlier, I can hear your voice and laughter as I read the words and, as a result, they make me smile. Thank you for sharing with us!

Julia said...

Love your blog...I'm a blogger too, although sporadically. Wish I had more time & a better computer at home!! Take Care!!